There are just not enough products in your bathroom to end your hair care woes. Your issues will just keep piling up. You either miraculously enjoy having a good hair day or suffer on random days with wild or dead tresses. But suffer no more! Your knight in shining armor comes in a bottle of Argan oil.
Every day’s a battle in front of the mirror – trying to give it some volume or subduing those stubborn locks. But the war gets easier to win with essential oils as your knights. And if you have to choose for a champion, Argan oil’s just the right one for you. Its hair care benefits are truly amazing as it helps transform your locks for a healthier and smoother look. Whether you have those bouncy curls, beach waves, or a waterfall of locks, here are 6 benefits you can get from using Argan oil for your hair.
1 | Hydrating the Scalp
Treating any hair care concerns means understanding the root of the problem. And when it comes to hair care, having an unhealthy scalp spells trouble for your locks. Here’s one fun fact for you – the strands that grow out of your scalp are actually dead. There’s no need to overcoat those strands with chemical treatments. What you can do is to focus on your scalp. Here’s how you can do Argan oil deep conditioning treatment.
- Put around 5-10 drops of Argan oil on palms. Remember not to use too much oil or you’re just needlessly piling up the moisture on the scalp and not letting it absorb thoroughly.
- Warm the oil on palms, to do this, you can rub both hands together. It helps the oil absorb through the scalp better.
- Massage on scalp gently and leave it on overnight. Do this once a week to get full results.
2 | Treating and Preventing Scalp Issues
The therapeutic effects of Argan oil such as antibacterial and anti-fungal are also effective for the scalp. Some scalp conditions are effects of microbes and fungus that live on your scalp. These are agents of destruction that can lead from normal scalp problems such as itchiness and redness to worse cases like hair loss. Other than hair loss shampoo and conditioner, argan oil also helps reduce these risks. Try this simple remedy at home.
- Wash hair thoroughly. Rinse using lukewarm water.
- Put several drops of Argan oil on palms. Four to seven drops are enough.
- Warm the oil and apply on the scalp by gently massaging in circular motions. No need to rinse.
- Leave on the hair until dry. This method is best done 2-3 times a week.
3 |Taming Wild Hair and Weak Strands
A bad hair day is often pictured as wild locks that just do not seem to stay in place. But it doesn’t happen at random. There are reasons why you get bad hair during a perfectly good day. But when it comes to stubborn locks, a common explanation would be split ends and hair breakage.
Dry and rough strands tend to be weaker and more prone to breakage compared to thick and moisturized locks. This happens even when you use a lot conditioner. But the essential fatty acids that Argan oil contains can prevent this from happening. They help retain moisture on hair and hydrate coat the strands to keep the cuticles in place. Don’t let your tresses go wild. Here’s a simple routine for you to use on styling your hair. For dry and rough tresses, daily use is recommended.
- Mix a few drops of Argan oil on your shampoo and conditioner. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- After rinsing, wring out the excess water on hair. Put a few drops of oil on palms and massage on the tips of your locks.
- Cover the hair with a shower cap and leave on for 10-15 minutes. No need to rinse.
- For worst cases of split ends, apply the oil again before you use styling tools like curling/straightening irons and blow dryers.
4 | Conditioning Damaged Hair
If you can’t just part from your beloved formulas, then pre-conditioning just might do the trick for you. The thing is, sometimes, when the hair and scalp are too dry, exposing them to harsh shampoos just wreaks havoc. You can avoid this by stimulating the hair follicles ahead of time and to soften the strands. It helps reduce the risks of shampooing your hair. Do this every time before washing your locks to prevent further damaging your hair.
- Apply Argan oil to hair 15-20 minutes before showering or washing the hair. This way, the scalp can thoroughly absorb the oil.
- Use a few drops, enough to cover the scalp and hair. First, massage on scalp.
- Use a brush to comb through the strands from the middle part to the tips.
- Proceed to wash the hair with special formulas for damaged hair.
5 | Easy Styling of Rough and Frizzy Tresses
There’s nothing worse than feeling the rough and frizzy strands on your palms. Having rough and dry hair is just trouble brewing on the horizon. It also means it’s prone to other common damages such as breakage, split ends, and untamable hair. But you can whisk it all away. A bottle of Argan oil might just save you from going on an all-out war with those stubborn tresses. Here’s how you can use it for styling your rough and frizzy hair.
- Wash hair and wring out the excess water. Leave it damp to help the oil absorb through the strands easier.
- Put a few drops of Argan oil on palms.
- Rub together to warm the oil.
- Apply on damp hair and massage on scalp. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Use a large-toothed comb to detangle hair starting from the tips or ends of the strands. And moving the process to the mid-section and the roots of the hair.
Using Argan oil for healthy hair helps maintain its lush and silky texture. It’s important to listen to what your hair really needs. There are days that everything will just work against your desire to have a good hair day. But there’s always a solution to everything. And it comes in the form of a bottle of Argan oil.